John has more than 25 years’ experience of all aspects of public and private law children's cases. He regularly undertakes work on behalf of parents, other family members, Guardians, and local authorities. He advises a number of local authorities on criminal injury compensation claims on behalf of children in care.
Areas of Expertise
- Care proceedings
- Baby shaking
- Fabricated illness/factitious injury syndrome by proxy
- Placement and adoption orders
- Special guardianship orders
- Child abduction and Hague Convention matters
- Removal from the jurisdiction
- Enforcement notices
- Asian matrimonial disputes involving divorce and disputes over children
- All aspects of private law children disputes including: complex and unusual facts; residence/contact disputes involving parties other than the parents (grandparents, aunts/uncles, siblings)
- Criminal injury compensation claims on behalf of abused children
- Representing an Asian grandmother who was alleged to have been responsible for orchestrating the systematic assault and rape of her daughter-in-law.
- Representing the mother of a young child who had sustained multiple fractures including a fractured skull.
- Representing the sister who was alleged to have sexually abused her younger brothers.