We are one of only of a handful of Chambers on circuit to house a team of chancery, commercial and property specialists. The large versatile team have a strong regional presence and offer a complete service in this field. The team deliver robust legal representation which recognises commercial realities and they apply business acumen to what they do.
Members of the team include qualified mediators and counsel who are qualified to receive instructions via the direct access scheme. They have expertise in all chancery and commercial courts as well as tribunals and have a strong regional presence.
Members of the team receive formal recognition in the independent guides to the legal profession and pride themselves on delivering a quick, flexible and cost effective service.
The team offers a tremendous breadth of knowledge in this field. We also have two sub-groups – ‘Construction & Engineering’ and ‘Employment’ who deliver focused and truly specialist advice and advocacy services.
Work done by the team includes:
- Banking and finance
- Boundary disputes
- Civil fraud
- Commercial litigation
- Conflict of laws/Private international law
- Construction & Engineering *see specialist sub-group page
- Contentious probate
- Data protection
- Employment *see specialist sub-group page
- Enforcement of foreign judgement
- EU competition
- Financial services
- Inheritance Act claims
- Landlord & tenant
- Product liability/Consumer law
- Professional negligence
- Property disputes including ToLATA and proprietary estoppel
- Shareholder agreements/director disputes
- Wills, estates and tax planning