Justin has considerable experience acting for both claimants and defendants in possession claims and claims for disrepair. He has particular interest and experience in acting for protected parties when instructed by the official solicitor.
In recent years, Justin has gained substantial experience and expertise in homelessness appeals and associated injunctive applications, acting for both appellants and respondents.
Justin regularly advises and undertakes Judicial Review claims in housing and other welfare related areas.
He has substantial experience in obtaining Anti-Social Behaviour Orders in both the Magistrates and Crown Court.
Justin has increasing experience in prosecuting landlords on behalf of Local Authorities under the Housing Act 1996 and associated regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Possession claims
- Disrepair claims and prosecutions under the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Housing related Judicial Reviews
- Unlawful auction claims
- Housing related prosecution and appeals
- Leeds City Council v Fawcett  EWCA Civ 597
- R (on the application of Marta Araya) v C.C.C  EWHC Civ 1692 (Admin)
- Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of tenants) Act 2010: An Introduction, August 2010
- Possession and the D.D.A '95 past Malcolm, December 2008
- An introduction to disrepair claims, July 2010