Nicola is experienced in all aspects of housing law and regularly acts for both landlords and tenants in the public and private sector.
Her areas of practice include:
• Secure, assured and assured short hold tenancies
• Demoted, introductory and starter tenancies
• Discretionary grounds including ASB, nuisance, cannabis farms
• Mandatory grounds including rent arrears, s.21 Notices
• Public law Defences including Human Rights and Proportionality
Homelessness and Allocations
• Initial advices on merits
• s.204 appeals
• JR applications
Injunctions and Committals
• s.153 ASB injunctions
• s.222 injunctions
• Unlawful eviction
• Breach of tenancy
• Exclusion from specified land
• Access for gas inspections, urgent repairs
• Injunctions to gain re-entry
• Claims for damages
Right to Buy
Residential leases and Forfeiture
Nicola regularly gives lectures on housing law and is the editor of Chambers’ Jackson Corner, providing subscribers with regular updates of case law and amendments to the CPR.
Nicola is able to accept instructions directly through the Bar Public Access scheme.